Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Week Thirty-Nine: We Became Goats

And we climbed a mountain.



Hello my Loved Ones,

This week was a good week. It had much productivity. Having a small zone means sometimes the work seems slower. But as for me and my area, we have 3 investigators preparing to be baptized this Saturday. Which is awesome. And then two more in a couple weeks. And there is another Baba (father) who wants to be baptized, but his wife (traditionally) lives far away and wont be coming up for maybe a couple months. And he cant be baptized till they are married civilly.
So regarding that, the only reason we don't recognize traditional marriage here to be baptized, is because the Zimbabwean Constitution says couples must have the Civil Marriage Certificate. And we believe in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law. In other countries where that isn't the case, people can be baptized (and sealed) while traditionally married.

But in any case. This morning our zone went on a hike, we climbed a mountain and then turned around.

(BTW, I love that myldsmail has google drive access now.)

For reference, that white thing in the distance is the "pyramids" of Bindura



This is approximately our area.



This is how steep the mountain is.



I reached the highest point in all of Bindura.



These are members from our branch, who just happened to be on a hike as well. The Brother standing on the left is going to be baptized on Saturday (assuming all goes well).


We have been having fun, working hard, and keeping the spirit with us.

Overall it's been a good week.

I love you all, I know that prayers are answered. I know that our Father loves each one of his Children. And I know that I am blessed to be in the Greatest Mission in the World. (Sorry but it is true.)

Have a wonderful week you all.

-Elder Wilcken






No comments:

Post a Comment