Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Week Forty-Nine: So Great Faith Have I Never Seen Among Missionaries

"Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people, who are a branch of the tree of Israel, and has been lost from its body in a strange land; yea, I say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers in a strange land."

Hello my dear loved ones,

Let me just start by saying I love it here. I have seen truly miracles happening.

In fact, one of the companionships in our zone one night called us to share with us their list of over 20 miracles and tender mercies that they saw throughout that day.

As I mentioned before, our goal for September Baptisms is 64. A very lofty goal, especially since our zone managed to achieve about 20 in august. However Miracles have not ceased because their faith is strong. One day we called all of our missionaries to see how many baptisms were scheduled for each weekend. The number exceeded the goal. Of course there are fall-throughs, but the Lord's hand is in his work. I have no doubt if we are faithful miracles will continue.

To show you just how diligent some of our missionaries are, This is one of the sister's planners:


And this one is mine:


These are their shoes, notice the dust that shows they are walking:


And here are our shoes.


Ultimately, everything is good. Really good. Today is MLC Monday, so tomorrow all of the Zone Leaders meet for the Mission Leadership Council to discuss goals and struggles and other important stuff.

He are some pictures of Pastor Domingo, The Enthusiastic, Eccentric, Evangelist of Eastview.



But otherwise things are well. Elder Guajardo was Emergency Transfered back to Bindura because another missionary was medically released, and so his companion Elder Ngobi has been in a tri-panionship with Elder Mwetu and I.


Have a wonderful week, I love you all. Thank you muchly for the thoughts and prayers. They are felt and appreciated.

-Elder Wilcken

No comments:

Post a Comment