Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Week Fifty-Four: Conference Week

Greetings, One and Everyone,

So to start off, we had a wonderful Missionary Leadership Counsel last week.

We had a reunion with Elder Mahlangu, who is now a fellow zone leader. The other in the picture is Elder Mutasa, who I often worked with in Bindura as a new missionary.


And here is a picture that will be more special when the Temple is built.


Other than that, Conference was wonderful. We only got to watch Saturday Morning, and the two Sunday sessions. But in those, I loved it.

These were some of my favorites.

Saturday AM:
Uchtdorf - O How Great the Plan of Our God!
Hales - “Come, Follow Me” by Practicing Christian Love and Service

Sunday AM:
Nelson - Joy and Spiritual Survival
Ballard - To Whom Shall We Go?
Eyring -  Gratitude on the Sabbath Day

Sunday PM:
Bednar - “If Ye Had Known Me”
Carl B. Cook - Serve
Rasband - Lest Thou Forget
Schmutz - God Shall Wipe Away All Tears
Nattress - No Greater Joy Than to Know That They Know

It's hard to pick favorites. And to think, if I got to see the rest the list would be longer.
But really, this was a wonderful General Conference. I loved the themes of forgiveness, Joy, etc. In fact it seemed most of the talks applied closely to the missionary lessons: Restoration of the Gospel, Plan of Salvation, and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I have no doubt in my mind that our Prophet and Apostles, and other general authorities, are inspired and lead by God. We are truly lead in this church by righteous men and women.

I love you all, I hope you have a great week. The Lord loves you, and so do I.

-Elder Wilcken

No comments:

Post a Comment