Monday, December 21, 2015

Week Six: 11/9/2015

This last week was my week to shine. In my training, I was put as "Senior Companion" and required to make plans, lead lessons, contact people, and make decisions. It was not as easy as it sounds.

The other Elders in our house had a wedding last night for one of their investigators, and there is another this Saturday. That's one thing that is really interesting here, in addition to baptizing people, we also help to get them married. Often our investigators were unable to get legally married, not by their fault, so we hold civil ceremonies often and then baptism shortly after. 

This week I also had the privilege of eating Tapatela, a dish so good that I had been hearing about it for weeks. I'll describe it more later. This Email needs to be cut short, for I currently don't have much to say. It's all been more of the same. But here I'll leave my testimony.

I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and I know that it changes lives. I know the Bible to be the word of God as well, and that they support each other. I know that the Lord hears and answers our prayers, and that he knows each one of us personally. I know that He blesses me in every aspect of my life and missionary work. I have a testimony of the priesthood, and the blessings it brings to God's children. I know that my Father in Heaven and my Savior, Jesus Christ both love me more than I can comprehend. I am so very grateful for the opportunity to serve them. I close this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

-Elder Wilcken

Mosiah 3:12

No comments:

Post a Comment