Monday, December 21, 2015

Week Nine: My First Investigators Baptized!

This week it finally happened! I was privileged to reap my own harvest with my dear companion Elder Makoni. These were the first investigators of mine baptized, and we still have a couple more waiting to follow in the next couple weeks. It was such a wonderful experience from finding them, to teaching them, to inviting them to follow the Savior into the waters of baptism.




I really do love the people here in Bindura. Everyone here is so friendly and welcoming. They make me feel at home and like I have a new, larger family.

The young ones we baptized are from the family we have been teaching for a few weeks, that thought we were there for scripture study. The Grandpa and the Mother still don't feel the need to be baptized again, but they were so encouraging and supportive of the kids being baptized. Elder Makoni and I know that they all have testimonies, they just don't all understand what they need to do about it. I am confident however that the rest of the family will share the desire and will follow the example of the young ones and the Savior. Both of the kids who were baptized have expressed desires to serve missions as well when the time comes, so that is very exciting!



The older couple who was baptized as well are actually the grandparents of the first young man I baptized here in Zimbabwe! They only speak Shona, so the lessons were a bit difficult. I still have yet to hear and understand their testimonies, but I have felt the spirit from their testimonies.
I want everyone at home who reads this to know that I am doing the Lord's will and he is blessing me for it.

This week I am ponderizing Alma 38:5, His advice to his son Shiblon. I replace "Shiblon" with "Joseph", and others can feel free to do so with their names.

I love the my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and My Father in Heaven. I know they are watching out for me and supporting me in their work. I strive to put my trust in them and I know that I will be helped through my trials for it. I know that people can change, the atonement is one of the greatest gifts ever given for us. I love you all and hope to hear from you soon.

-Elder Wilcken

No comments:

Post a Comment