Monday, December 21, 2015

Week Four: Work Hard and Play Hard


At the Johannesburg Temple

The Baptism of Spenser, with his family

My dear family and friends,

I'll do my best to keep this brief. On Monday after we emailed, we went as a zone to the Mwanga Lodge, the equivalent of a zoo. We saw many animals like Hyenas, Lions, and Monkeys. Al the monkeys were intrigued by me. They would come right up next to me, two even held my hand. I think it's cause of my skin.



This week went very well. On Thursday we had exchanges for the first time, and I was assigned to lead my area with Elder Banda. Leading in the 2nd week, and I did good. We only got lost once. But we got 4 new investigators because we were able to teach them each the restoration right there on the spot. Each one made a return appointment and two of them accepted the commitment to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. We also met a really sweet old man by trying to tract at his house, then he saw us and returned home from across the street. We left him a plan of salvation pamphlet and he seemed really interested in it's message. He told us to come by anytime on Tuesday and he'd make time for us.

On Saturday and Sunday we got the opportunity to watch Conference, it was the first time for everyone in the area. It was again a wonderful experience.

My time here is running short because the network here is slow. But just so everyone knows, I am doing well. I love my area and my companion. The people here are wonderful, and the Lord is blessing me.

Phillipians 1:2-3

Elder Wilcken
PS: my ponderize scripture is Mosiah 2:17

No comments:

Post a Comment