Monday, July 24, 2017

Weeks Eighty-Four and Eighty-Five: Transfer 15/17

Hello my dear everyone,

I missed emailing last week because we went to Masvingo and Great Zimbabwe.
And while on that trip I got a phone call to tell me I got an Award from the Mission Office.

The Award is called the Broken-Piston Award.

Here is the Mission-News article about it:
"The Broken Piston Award is given to missionaries who do something ill-advised while driving their car. The first award goes to Elder Wilcken who was approaching a toll station. He was looking down trying to find money when he ran into the back of the car in front of him. Elder Mwaja did not help his companion by having the money available for him or warning him about the car in front. They further compounded the problem by not getting the other driver's name and phone number after the accident. Everyone, learn from their mistake."



So yeah, not the best award, but let me explain what happened really. We hit the spare-tire of a car, deflated it, and the tire rim scratched our hood. So not at all a terrible accident, but still a foolish mistake.

But that brings me to why I am in the mission office to pose with my award:
This transfer I am serving in the Mbare Area of the Harare East Zone, with my companion Elder Scoresby, as Assistants to the Mission President. 

So I am back in the Mission Office, but this time as proselyting elders. We will only be in the office for transfers, meetings, and all that Jazz. Still expect to hear about the baptisms in coming weeks.

But for now, I hope things are all well for you. Things will be if you stay on the right path.
I know this is the true gospel. I really do know. I have had so many things to prove this to me. 
I know that God lives and loves us. I know that Jesus Christ dies for our sins and that both of Them appeared to the boy Joseph Smith to start the restoration of the Gospel.

I love you all and I hope you have a great week,
-Elder Wilcken

No comments:

Post a Comment