Saturday, January 14, 2017

Weeks Sixty-Two and Sixty-Three: Trasfer 11/17 Was Last Week. And This Week.

Hello everyone whom I love,

How has been your last two weeks? You may have noticed a lack of any communication from Elder Wilcken last week. And that is because Last week was transfer day.

In the morning I had to pick up missionaries from both ends of our Zone to take them to the mission office, as well as take selfies with many people.

(here are just some of them)




And here is why I couldn't email that day, I had to get on a bus and travel to Gweru! (Elder Guajardo went to Bulawayo)


This is my "Interesting" face. You may define interesting.


Here is me and my new companion, Elder Mahlangu! (you may remember him from when he was in my house for two weeks then he got emergency transferred)


So I arrived in Gweru safely, and I adjusted well. And then On Friday we had a multi-zone Christmas Devotional. Each zone was asked to present a musical item. We did two. The first was Away In a Manger with the second verse substituted with the first verse of More Holiness Give Me. The second song was Far Far Away on Judea's Plains. And we again did awesome. SO awesome. President had our zone perform it for a second time.

Our zone at a practice for our Christmas Devotional Presentation.


Here is President Mkhabela as Santa Claus


I learned how to get selfies with many people at once.


My companion and I got a picture with Santa President.


And in general, this week has been great. I've loved it so far here in Gweru. It is a nice quiet city. Less traffic. Less stress. I'm still a zone leader. Our zone has 18 members now. (big difference from 29).

But it has been wonderful.

Now there is a sad note, my camera broke somehow. The lens stopped opening. And now it won't turn on. So I may not have pictures to send home for a while until I can find someone to fix it and or get a new one.

But anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful week. You are loved. Happy holidays, etc. Stay happy.

-Elder Wilcken

PS: I was there when the 50th stake in the Africa SouthEast Area was created, the Harare East stake. And the Stake president was the one I guesed it would be, President Maziofa. from Damafalls, where I was serving. We had dinner at his house after he was set apart.


No comments:

Post a Comment