Saturday, January 14, 2017

Week Sixty: I Don't Go to the Gym, I'm Just Naturally Like This

Just kidding, we go to the gym. With approval.

Dear everyone, whom I love dearly.

How are things? Things are well. Especially since the rains have filled up people's wells. haha.
But so we started going to a gym at the start of the month.


But don't worry for us, because there is a clinic right across the street


But yes, it is all 4 of the elders in our house.

We actually tried to keep it secret for a long time, by just not telling those who didn't need to know. But people have started to notice.

Though President knows, he still was shocked when he saw me. "Elder Wilcken, you've lost weight" to which other missionaries said "I was thinking the same thing"

Here is a picture of a puppy I found. I didn't keep it though.


And here is a wonderful family we are teaching and hoping to baptize soon.


But other than that, things have been pretty great this week. We have been working with brother Madziro a lot recently, and he has been such a help to us. He truly loves this gospel. He set up a whole day of appointments for us tomorrow in a neighborhood that one of his friends lives in. It is amazing.

Also on Saturday I was needed to preside at two different Baptisms. One in an area called Epworth, and another in Mabvuku, in the same day. It was a great experience. However at the one in Epworth, it was said "Elder Wilcken presides on behalf of the Bishop" and then later "We will now have closing remarks from the Bishop" The missionaries chuckled at that slip up.

And in other news, time is flying so fast. It seems like just yesterday I came to Harare East but now it has been almost 18 weeks.

I am not ready to go home yet, I honestly feel I have so much more to do.

Anyway, have a wonderful week you all. I love you so much. I pray for you frequently. But honestly, not as much as I pray for my investigators. I hope you understand.

-Elder Wilcken

No comments:

Post a Comment