Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Week Twenty-Six: Who Says That's What it Means?

Salutations my beloved ones,

When I was being trained in my first 12-weeks, My trainer introduced me to an interesting concept:
"Which Means" - Who says that's what it means?
He used this whenever anyone said the phrase "Which Means", whether when explaining scripture, making an assumption, or asking a question. No matter what, even if we have a firm source, "Who says that's what it means." We even were impressed that most General Authorities do not say "Which Means". They instead say "We come to understand" or "it is implied" or even "Which can be found to mean" or something similar.

Now why am I saying this? Because I had fallen into the "Which Means" the past few weeks.
A couple is coming to work in the office "which means" Elder Shepherd and I will be leaving.
Elder Nyatsambo, one of the Assistants, is finishing mission and going home "which means" Elder Sibanda will be staying as the Assistant and training the next assistant.
The Fleets/Flats Elders have been in the office for over four months "which means" they will be replaced by new fleets/flats.
Elder Shepherd and I need to stay in the office while the couple is in South Africa, "which means" we can have an emergency transfer when they get back.
This thing has never happened before "which means" it must be not happening.
Who says that's what it means.
Elder Shepherd and I are staying in the Office to help while the couple is gone or two weeks.
President Mkhabela has decided he doesn't need Assistants to the President in the office right now, both assistants are leaving and there is no new one.
The Fleets/Flats Elders are both staying to split the responsibilities of the AP's with Elder Shepherd and I.
Elder Shepherd and I are needed to assist the couple and train the potential new couple in June. If a new couple doesn't get called by June, we re-assume our responsibilities.
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
So we are technically not AP's, because there are no AP's anymore. There are four "SA's" or "Special Assignment" Elders. However because of this slight change in responsibilities, I prefer to think of us as SAAP's or SAP's. Because it makes me chuckle.

But really things are just crazy. And so much is happening and changing in the mission. So I'll leave you with a picture of Elder Shepherd and I.

Much Love,
-Elder Wilcken

No comments:

Post a Comment