Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Week Twenty-Four: Many Firsts in the Office

Hello everyone,
This week Elder Shepherd and I went to a Family Home evening with the Nield family. It was the first time either of us have gone to a FHE on mission. So it was a pretty great experience. We taught a lesson on obedience and played rugby with the kids.


We then got to go to our first Zone Meeting as office elders. Normally we are busy on Tuesdays so we don't go to District or Zone Meetings. However our mission president was out of town so the office didn't have much to do. The Assistants approved everyone going to Zone meetings.
When our zone leaders found out we were there, they assigned Elder Shepherd and I do give presentations. I gave instructions on filling out baptismal records.

The rest of the week was pretty uneventful, we are just preparing for the mission tour this upcoming week. Elder Carl B Cook from the Area Presidency is coming to tour the mission and so we are going to have like 4 zone conferences and a lot of other events. It is a lot to prepare for.

But there is now confirmation of the news I mentioned last week. So I can be less vague, Elder Shepherd and I are relieved of office duty. At least for the time being. We have a temporary replacement couple coming from South Africa, whom we will start training this week. So It is pretty much guaranteed that Elder Shepherd and I will be transferred on the 29th of March. The couple will only be here until June 2016 however, so after that we don't know what will happen.

So everyone knows, if I am transferred out of the office, My preparation day will go back to Monday. Which means I will no longer be emailing on Saturday. More info will come later if needed.

I hope you all have a great week. May the Lord bless you in all you do.
-Elder Wilcken

No comments:

Post a Comment