Monday, September 25, 2017

Week One Hundred-Two: It Is Finished.

Dear Beloved Everyone,

This is the last email from Elder D. Joseph Wilcken while in Zimbabwe Harare Mission. By this time next week I will be home.

I have loved this time so much. There is nothing I would trade these last two years for. It has been a wonderful blessing in my life and I cannot wait for my "next assignment". I know that God our Heavenly Father lives and loves us. I have felt a small portion of his love for the people of Zimbabwe. I love this land and this people so much. My heart mourns for their trials but I know God is mindful of them.

I know that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. That he lived, walked with men, and died for each individual. I know that He rose again and stands in power and glory at the right hand of the Father, and that he leads His Church through divine revelation. I know that his chosen prophets and apostles know Him and lead us in His way. I know that Joseph Smith was the chosen prophet to restore truth to the earth in these Last days.

I know these things to be true through the Power of the Holy Ghost. I have spent two years learning to recognize His gentle guidance in my life. I know that he is as real as the Father and the Son, and that unitedly they stand supreme.

I love you all, I love this work. My two-year mission in a foreign land is over, but my work for the Lord never will be.

"I am mindful of you always in my prayers, continually praying unto God the Father in the name of his Holy Child, Jesus, that he, through his infinite goodness and grace, will keep you through the endurance of faith on his name to the end." - Moroni 8:3

"Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full." - 2 John 1:12

I say these things as a servant of God, in the name of His Holy Child, Jesus Christ. Amen.
-Elder D. Joseph Wilcken
Zimbabwe Harare Mission
October 2015 - September 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment