Sunday, September 17, 2017

Week Ninety-Seven: The Last "Transfer Week"

Hello my dearest everyone,

This week was the last "Transfer week" that I need to deal with. In that, next "transfer week" I will be no longer on the administrative end.

It was a chaotic week, but we pushed through and we got to the other end mostly unscathed. The new missionaries came into the mission, and honestly, nothing brings me more joy than to see new missionaries full of the spirit of the MTC. They are so fresh, so eager, so much better than seeing missionaries who just want to go home. In fact, just this morning, I asked one of them how their first week in Zimbabwe was, and they said it was wonderful and that they "never want to go home."

This is what missionaries should be like. This is why things are wonderful in Zimbabwe.

We didn't have much time to do anything spectacular this week. Aside from swapping around missionaries. But this week will be much more quiet so all should be spectacular. We potentially have the baptism of one of the Penyai boys this Sunday, so we are praying for that.

I know that this work is the Lord's work. Despite all the trials that we face, all will be for our good. Perhaps the words of the Prophets can help me to finish this email on a good note.
"Blessed be the name of our God; let us sing to his praise, yea, let us give thanks to his holy name, for he doth work righteousness forever... I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God. Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

I love you all, I hope you have the best week possible.
-Elder Wilcken

No comments:

Post a Comment