Sunday, September 17, 2017

Week Ninety-Eight: The Best 30 Days

That's what this next month is gonna be, just you wait.

Dear everyone,
I am doing so well. Like literally, you should be worried. I may get translated.
Just kidding, I have way too much work to do.

This last week we had some amazing things happen. The most amazing was that we had a General Auxiliary Leadership visit. Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson, Young Women General President and member of the Missionary Executive Committee visited Zimbabwe with her husband and Elder Koch of the Area Presidency with his wife. They had a missionary devotional for an hour and a half and got to meet with us and shake our hands.
It was a wonderful experience and we learned a lot from it. I however didn't get to focus as much as I wanted as we had to organize roaming microphones that weren't working, and I also got to pass the microphone around as missionaries answered questions.

On Saturday the Priesthood holders of Mbare 1st Ward got together to finish painting gutters at a clinic, for a service project.






And on Sunday, probably the greatest thing, Brother Penyai got confirmed, and then after church we went over to their house and they introduced us to their neighbors. A family of 5, who also had a friend over. We taught them the Restoration and about the Book of Mormon, and they loved it. All 6 of them accepted a baptismal date of the 23rd of September, so hopefully, if they can make it to church, I can see them Baptized before I go. We will teach them again on Tuesday and so we will see how it goes.

This next Sunday we are expecting to baptize the Penyai child, as he wasn't yet ready yesterday.

The work is good, the work is progressing. This last month I am going to put my all into serving. No slowing down for me, for I know this isn't my work. I know that Heavenly Father loves each one of his Children, and that he has again put forth his hand to gather scattered Israel. Scattered Israel is here to be found in Zimbabwe. I know that Christ lives and that he loves us. I know this because of the Holy Ghost's teachings to me.

I love you all, I wish you the best this week.
-Elder Wilcken

No comments:

Post a Comment