Monday, September 25, 2017

Week One Hundred-One: Special Treatment

When you are an assistant to the mission president, people look out for you.
My heart-felt thanks go out to the missionaries who set up the lunch tables for the zone conference in Gweru, so that we didn't need to. They even reserved us seats.


Dear Everyone,
This last week was a good one. We found some good people to teach, and we traveled to Gweru for their Zone Conference. This was the last Zone Conference that I attended as a Missionary of the Zimbabwe Harare Mission.

And the drive was pleasant both ways!

Today I got my last haircut in Zimbabwe, from my favorite Barber; Misheck.





This man has cut my hair since around February 2016.


And also, the broken Piston award has had some excitement. It no longer is "Stay till someone else gets it" because silly mistakes sometimes happen close together.


But on a more serious note, I have loved being in Zimbabwe so much. I love this place and the people too. I wouldn't trade these last two years for anything. I know that I have been serving the Living God and been on His errand. I know that Heavenly Father is real, and that his Son Jesus Christ atoned for our sins and that He too lives, and stands at the right hand of His Father. I know that through the Holy Ghost all humble seekers of truth can find what they search for.

I love you all, have a glorious week.
-Elder Wilcken

No comments:

Post a Comment