Monday, May 30, 2016

Week Twenty-Nine: Play and Work Hard

Hello my loved ones.
So if you remember, last week I mentioned a large project with Binders. I even mentioned how long they would be all stretched out. It was beautiful.

But then Elder Shepherd thought it would be funny to knock them over like dominoes. But they were too tight together and wouldn't tip. So naturally, I spread them out. And it worked beautifully.




But it was not satisfying enough. Everyone went back to their separate tasks. But it was Thursday, President was out of town. Sister Peterson was taking care of the Mission Secretary responsibilities. My only task was to fill the binders. The only problem was that we didn't have the dividers yet. So I had nothing important to do.

So I did what I felt I needed to do.



And it was worth it. So very worth it.

Don't worry, I told President Mkhabela about this also. He hasn't said anything about it yet, but what is even more important is that same day we completed all of the binders, and got them sorted into zones for distribution. So no harm was done, except that I brightened people's days and looked a bit immature in the process.

And also, what's even better is that Elder Shepherd and I had an amazing lesson with our semi-progressing investigator. We were finally able to see them again after two weeks and we reviewed what we had previously taught, all very smoothly while also reading the Book of Mormon with them. We found out it had also been two weeks since they read, so we threw away our plans of review and read 1 Nephi 11 with them. However as we read, we answered questions, and after the chapter we discussed, and we were able to bring up aspects of the Restoration of the Gospel, the Plan of Salvation, as well as the Gospel of Jesus Christ. So in reading the Book of Mormon, we were able to cover everything we were planning to go over again.

We reminded her and her sister of the invitation to be baptized, and then she responded that she wanted to be but didn't think she was ready yet. Then after a few seconds she corrected herself "No, I am ready". It was wonderful. We were able to re-emphasize the importance of the Book of Mormon to each of them and they are all doing so well.

I know that this gospel changes lives. I know that our Heavenly Father sent his Son, Jesus Christ to redeem and strengthen us. I know that through the Holy Ghost we can each learn this for ourselves. They are three separate and distinct beings but are unified in purpose. I know that we can all learn of our Savior and the plan he has for us by reading the Book of Mormon. I know it to be the word of God.

I love you all, may the Lord bless you in all of your endeavors.
-Elder Wilcken

No comments:

Post a Comment