Monday, May 30, 2016

Week Thirty: Let Not Your Heart be Troubled

Hello My loved ones,
This week I'll try to keep the summary really brief.
Elder Shepherd is in Bindura on an emergency exchange. An elder had to come to Harare from Bindura but his companion needed to stay to see some baptisms through. So Elder Shepherd went to be his temporary companion and I was able to spend time with this Elder. Sadly however he returned home honorably with a medical release. So the rest of the week I've been in a tri-panionship with the other office Elders.
Is that brief enough?

Now the rest of this email will be about other things.

It is easy to get discouraged in life. It is so very easy to think there is no point. Or that everything is going wrong. Or to think there is no way you can fix things. Sometimes problems arise and there is nothing we can do but sit and watch. Sometimes we may feel so discouraged that we feel like giving up on whatever it may be.

The scriptures predicted cases of "men's hearts failing them for fear". People "losing heart", getting discouraged, people shutting out others from their lives, people fearing what is to come and losing faith.

The Lord gave us a promise. The promise of his peace.
"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." - John 14:27

The world does not give this peace. The world may be able to give us temporary calmness and relaxation. But true peace that heals comes from the Lord.
Men's hearts are truly failing them, as has been predicted before the coming of the Lord. But through Him, hearts can be healed. They can be faithful instead of fearing.

I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that he died for each and everyone of us. His heart was broken so that ours could be healed.
I know that we are not left to wander this world alone and aimlessly. We have a loving father in Heaven who has a plan for each one of us.

"Therefore, continue your journey and let your hearts rejoice; for behold, and lo, I am with you even unto the end."

I love you all. I testify that our Heavenly Father is real, That Jesus Christ lives, and that they love us all dearly.

-Elder Wilcken

No comments:

Post a Comment