Monday, May 30, 2016

Week Thirty-Three: Back in Bindura

Hello My loved ones,
Just so you all know, for at least the next 5 weeks, my preparation day will be Monday, so that is when I'll get to email.
But in other news, I am again in Bindura! For those who don't remember, I started my mission in the Bindura Zone. And now I'm back as a Zone Leader. My new companion is Elder Chibanda, and we are "white-washing". Meaning we are both new in the area at the same time. However he was once here as well. He was serving in Woodbrook Branch just like I was, only a year ago instead of a few months.
Oh, and Elder Chibanda is just awesome. He is a great guy, a joker, but not about missionary work. He is super fun and hard-working.

It has been so wonderful to see everyone I used to know. They all remembered me and were so excited. It's so amazing to see how much you can change someone's life.
And we have been working. It has been great. We have a car as zone leaders (I'm the designated driver), but we only drive it to our area and then park it. And then we walk, and walk, and meet people, and walk. It is great. Also, I am super tan again, after just one week. Even though it is winter here and very cold in the shade, the sun is still so hot. It is so strange that I can be super hot and tanning, but then step into shade and be cold. Even at night, I've had to use 2 blankets. The mornings before the sun is up are really chilly.
In general it is just great. I love it hear. I've been able to refocus on missionary work, and I've been able to teach and testify again.
Life is good. The work of the Lord is good. I am happy.
I wish you all the best of luck in your endeavors this week.
Love you all,
-Elder Wilcken

No comments:

Post a Comment