Monday, May 30, 2016

Week Thirty-Four: Sunburns in Winter

Hello Loved ones,
Let me first start by saying I love it here in Bindura. I missed it an I'm glad to be back.

Now let me say ouch.

Not really. The sunburn isn't that bad. Anymore. I naturally thought winter meant don't worry about sunscreen. I mean I need 3 blankets to sleep at night. I've worn a jacket. It is cold and winter.

So the first picture is from last Monday when our district went to hang at a suspension bridge.



Luckily we didn't need to hang on for our lives. If you look closely you can see holes in the bridge.

The second picture was taken just yesterday. See the difference in how dark I am. It is easier to tell in person.



Anyway the work has been good. I've absolutely loved working with Elder Chibanda. We have investigators progressing towards baptism, and we are walking a lot.

We are having fun and working hard. It is all going very well thus far.

There isn't much to report on, things are going well. The field is dusty, but still already to harvest.
I learned how to harvest beans, then ate said beans at a member's house. And It was good.

In any case, I still know that my Heavenly Father Loves me. And even more so know I know I love Him. I've enjoyed so much working with and serving His children. I am so happy to have the opportunity to "feed his sheep."

I love you all so much, Have a great week.
-Elder Wilcken


No comments:

Post a Comment