Saturday, February 6, 2016

Week Sixteen: It's Hard to Write Subject Lines

Hello my dear family and friends and anyone else who may read this,

This week had a few interesting things happen. So let's jump right in.

Last Sunday Elder Shepherd and I were fortunate to be welcomed to the Highlands Ward with metaphorical open arms! The members were so excited to have new missionaries, and we received about 4 referrals and were introduced to 3 people wanting to be baptized. It was so exciting for us as missionaries. Then after church, Elder Shepherd and I drove Elder Dube, Sister Dube, and one of their daughters to the airport. We had the wonderful privilege to talk to him about how we got our mission calls, how we enjoyed our areas, etc. It was so amazing.

Then this week I discovered a new outfit that absolutely terrifies the other Elders in the office. See the first photo.




I got to do a lot of official sounding business things this week as the Mission Office Secretary. For instance, I talked with a bishop in Nairobi/Kenya for 2 or 3 hours one day to try and get one of the church programs working on the computer. I counted and tallied the Baptisms for the whole of 2015, and I did many other secretary things.

I also had the wonderful opportunity to visit my old area of Bindura again with Elder Shepherd today. One of the investigators I started teaching before I was called to the Office requested that I perform his baptism, so President Mkhabela allowed it for our office preparation day. It was a great. I was so happy to see the members again and my former companion. We had a wonderful day today.



My ponderizing scripture this week is Ether 12:27, a popular one: "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them"

With this new assignment, I feel very weak. But I have no doubt the Lord can strengthen me if I rely on him.

Until next week, I love you all. May God watch and protect you.

-Elder Wilcken

No comments:

Post a Comment